Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini International Airport
Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE)
Ministro Pistarini International Airport is the main gateway into Argentina. With over 8.5 million passengers arriving and departing annually, it is one of the largest airport hubs to the Argentina area. It is located 14 miles from Buenos Aires and is referred to as the Ezeiza International Airport by locals.
The Ministro Pistarini International Airport was given its name after the politician Juan Pistarini. The facility was constructed in 1945 and completed in 1949 and was one of the largest projects overseen by President Juan Peron. At the time of its construction it was considered one of the largest airports in Latin America and it was the third largest airport in the world. In 1997, the airport closed RWY 05/23 and it is not used for larger aircrafts only or general parking and refueling for planes. The airport is most commonly known for the Ezeiza massacre, which took place in the airport in 1973.
The Ministro Pistarini International Airport offers a variety of amenities for travellers departing and arriving within their airport including:
* Banks and Financials - 24-hour bank available in Terminal A. Currency exchange is available near the customs desk and ATMs are located throughout the airport.
* Internet - The facility offers 24/7 Wi-Fi connectivity throughout terminals.
* Luggage - Luggage desks are located in Terminal A and wrapping facilities are located throughout the facility with a charge of $1.50 US per luggage piece.
* Conference and Business - VIP lounges are available in Terminal B, but only business-class tickets can access them.
* Shopping - Shopping centers and duty-free shops are located throughout the airport.
* Eateries - Fast food such as McDonald's is available throughout the facility as well as locally owned and operated restaurant facilities such as the La Pausa or La Madeleine.
* Additional Amenities - The Ministro Pistarini International Airport also offers a hair salon, cigar lounge, pharmacy, medical center, health spa and mobile phone service.
The airport currently offers travellers covered and uncovered parking areas with long and short-term parking available in both. The current cost is $13 ARS per hour or $78 ARS per day for covered and $13 ARS per hour or $52 ARS per day for uncovered.
Places to Stay
Ministro Pistarini International Airport is located in the Ezeiza suburb of Argentina. Airports are available directly outside of the airport or travellers can take up accommodations in Buenos Aires at locally-owned and international hotel chains throughout the city.
Travellers who are new to the Ministro Pistarini International Airport are encouraged to visit the information desk that is a 24/7/365 operation located in Terminal A and Terminal B. Terminal B's information desk opens at 5:30am and closes after the last flight, while Terminal A is a 24-hour desk. Travellers should always consult international travel guides to ensure they do not violate any international travel codes before boarding a flight to Ministro Pistarini airport.
IATA Airport Code: EZE
Location: 21 miles of Buenos Aires
Telephone: +54 (0)11 5480 6111