Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Paris Orly Airport
Paris Orly Airport (ORY)
Though it is often forgotten in comparison to the gigantic Charles de Gaulle Airport, the Paris Orly Airport is a great airport facility. With its state-of-the-art facilities, this airport takes on over 26 million passengers annually. Flights enter this main hub from all over the world including London, Barcelona and the United States.
The facility first opened in 1932 as a secondary air airport. During the Battle of France in 1940, the Orly Airport was attacked by the Royal Air Force, which destroyed most of the facility. Today the airport consists of two terminals and sees over 20 million passengers each year.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - ATMs, currency exchanges and financial institutions are located throughout the airport.
* Luggage Services - There are baggage shipping, luggage wrapping and lost-and-found services.
* Business Services - There are conference rooms that can take up to 50 people at a time. Catering and rental equipment are available as well as internet kiosks.
* Additional Services - Game rooms, PlayStation terminals, chapels, beauty salons, massage services and children play areas are open.
* Internet Services - There is 15 minute free Wi-Fi. After that, travellers will have to pay for hourly increments.
* Retail Services - There are not many shops located in the airport, but travellers can still find some high-end retailers like Armani. There are also duty-free shops and book retailers located throughout the terminals.
* Food Services - Restaurants, cafes, snack shops and bars are located in both terminals. Some famous sit-down restaurants located inside include the La Brasserie.
Parking and Transportation
Currently there are only five parking lots that feature short and long-term parking. Rates are charged hourly for short-term and daily/weekly for long-term parking.
Travellers who need to come and go from the airport will have buses, trains and taxis at their disposal. Currently the RER C has a station directly next door to the airport for quick train travel. The ride to Paris is only 20 minutes by train. Buses are available near the terminals and will take about 30 minutes to get into the city. Taxis are available, but they will charge 15 percent extra for night and weekend travel.
The best time to visit Paris is in the spring and summer when the weather is more favorable. During the winter the temperatures get as low as 30 degrees at night, which can be quite chilly for those who are used to warmer climates. Paris has a wide variety of hotels ranging from budget stays to five-star hotel experiences. Those traveling on limited funds will find accommodations that are more affordable outside of the downtown area. Hotels by the airport are convenient, but travellers have reported them as being some of the more expensive options.
Once in the city there are numerous restaurants, shops and even cafes to frequent. Naturally, tourist will want to visit the famous Eiffel Tower and local parks, which have made France a high-number tourist area for decades.
Airport Contact Information
Paris Orly Airport,
Orly Sud 103,
94396 Orly Aérogare,
Telephone: (0)1 4975 1515
Fax: (0)1 4975 5878
Time Zone: GMT + 1 (GMT + 2 from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 14km (9 miles) south of Paris
IATA airport code: ORY