Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport
Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG)
The Charles de Gaulle International Airport, also referred to as the Roissy Airport is located just 16 miles from the City of Lights. As one of the busiest airports in the world, Roissy Airport takes on over 58 million passengers each year. Flights to Paris enter here thanks to the romantic lure of Parisian glamour from all over the world.
Construction for the airport began in 1966 when the airport was originally named the Aeroport de Paris Nord. By March 1974, the airport was renamed to Charles de Gaulle Airport and quickly began service.
Services and Amenities
* Financial - ATMs, banks and currency exchange offices are located throughout the airport.
* Luggage - There is a lost and found property office as well as lost luggage by the TGV station. Luggage wrapping is available in the departure area.
* Business - Internet kiosks area available as well as the Business Center located in Terminal 1.
* Wi-Fi - There is free internet in 15 minute increments. After that, browsers will have to purchase additional internet time.
* Shopping - There are numerous shopping facilities located throughout the airport including local and high-end retailers. Some retailers include Hugo Boss, Prada, Hermes, Bulgari and Burberry.
* Food - There are sophisticated restaurants located throughout the airport as well as cafes, general sit-down establishments and fast-food chains.
* Additional Services - The airport offers a children's play area, video lounge, video gaming areas, massage offices, repair stations, beauty salons, chapels and tourist information centers.
Parking and Transportation
There is drop-off areas located throughout the terminals that charge in 20 minute increments. Long and short-term parking is also available as well as short-term drop-off lots with 10 minutes of free parking.
Getting into town is relatively easy from the Charles de Gaulle Airport. Travellers can take the metro train that is connected directly from the airport's Terminal 2 into the city. Those who do not want to travel by train have the option of bus or taxi, but taxis will have increased fares once the sun goes down.
As one of the busiest airports in the entire world, the Charles de Gaulle Airport has extensive waits during peak travel times. These times can include April to June. Those travelling during peak times will need to plan ahead of time for excess waits. Travellers coming in between January and February will experience less wait times due to the winter weather.
There are hotels located throughout the city as well as at the airport. Business travellers will find better accommodations and services at hotels located within the first two miles of the airport. Those on honeymoon or just looking for a romantic getaway will get to enjoy numerous five-star hotels and resorts throughout the glamorous city of Paris, France.
Airport Contact Information
Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport,
Roissy Charles de Gaulle,
Number of Terminals: 3
Telephone: +33 (0)1 4862 2280, or 7036 3950 or, 3950
Fax: (0)1 4862 0752 or 5802
Time Zone: GMT + 1 (GMT + 2 from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 23km (14 miles) northeast of Paris
IATA Airport Code: CDG