Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Strasbourg International Airport
Strasbourg International Airport (SXB)
The Strasbourg International Airport, commonly referred to by the locals at the Aeroport de Strasbourg, is located just six miles from the city of Strasbourg, France. Currently the airport sees over one million passengers annually and is considered one of the smaller airports located in France. The airport overall is compact, yet efficient and most travellers consider it a quick in-and-out facility.
Amenities and Services
* Financial Services - ATMs are located throughout the airport. Currency exchange and other financial services are not available at this time.
* Luggage Services - Airlines handle all lost luggage claims and issues at this time.
* Business Services - The first floor of the Arrivals terminals offer business services that include catering, meeting rooms, conference centers and equipment that can be rented for presentations. Lounges will offer workstations and comfortable seating for business travellers who need to work while waiting for their flights.
* Other Services - The airport offers a rest area, business card service and copier center.
* Internet Services - There is free Wi-Fi available in the terminals.
* Retail Services - Shopping is rather limited in this small airport. Right now duty-free stores exist as well as general retailers that carry magazines, books, newspapers, snacks and a few luxury items.
* Food Services - There are only a few bars, restaurants and cafes located within the airport. As of right now two sit-down restaurants exist, one of which is the Bistrot de Chef.
Parking and Transportation
The Strasbourg International Airport has over 3,000 parking spaces that are spread out among five different lots. They offer short and long-term parking and fees are charged by the hour for short and by the day for long. Tourist buses are found in the fourth parking lot.
For those ready to travel to and from the airport, the Strasbourg International Airport currently offers buses, taxis and trams. Buses run every 20 minutes to and from the airport. Taxis are available, but the majority of the city is off-limit to vehicles; therefore, taxis are unreliable for transport around the city itself. Those who want to take advantage of the local trams and trains will find the Strasbourg Station quick and easy to get to directly from the airport.
This airport is relatively small and has limited services available to travellers. Most travellers are encouraged to bring snacks that are allowed according to regulations. Unfortunately, queue times can be unpredictable at this location; therefore passengers will need to prepare for extended wait times - especially during peak travel times.
The surrounding area appears almost like a hybrid creation of Prague and Amsterdam, but upon closer look it has its own unique qualities. Hotels, hostels and overnight options are available throughout the city, but business travellers are encouraged to stay closer to the airport due to limited transportation. Once in the city, travellers are encouraged to visit the famous Cathedrale Notre Dame as well as the European Parliament locations.
Airport Contact Information:
Telephone: +33 (0)3 88 64 67 67
Fax: (0)3 88 64 69 32
Strasbourg International Airport,
Number of Terminals: 1
Time Zone: GMT + 1 (GMT + 2 from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 15km (9 miles) southwest of Strasbourg city centre
IATA airport code: SXB