Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Dusseldorf International Airport
Dusseldorf International Airport is considered the largest airport in the North Rhine-Westphalia area. As the third largest airport in Germany, Dusseldorf International Airport takes on over 19 million passengers each year and is located just five miles away from the city of Dusseldorf, Germany. Currently the airport is under construction and is expected to be completed in early 2013.
The Dusseldorf Airport was opened in 1909, but was not officially turned into a civilian air transport until 1927. During the Second World War, the airport was turned into a military airport, but reopened for civilian use in 1948 once it was released from military control. Terminal C was opened in 1986 and at that time the airport saw over 8 million passengers.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - ATMs, financial institutions and currency exchange offices are available.
* Luggage Services - Wrapping is offered in the departure terminals and lost and found is offered by the airlines only.
* Business Services - There are conference rooms and business lounges located in each terminal. Conference centers are also available in neighboring hotels and resorts.
* Retail Services - Shoppers will find over 62 shops to look for jewelry, duty-free items, accessories and even CDs or DVDs.
* Food Services - There are numerous restaurants available at the Dusseldorf airport. These include sit-down establishments, fast-food selections as well as cafes, bars and coffee shops.
* Other Services - A petrol station is available on the airport grounds as well as two hotels directly attached to the airport for overnight stays and delayed flights.
* Internet Services - Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the establishment.
Parking and Transportation
Dusseldorf has more than enough parking. With over 20,000 different parking stalls and up to eight separate parking lots, travelers will have no trouble finding somewhere to park their vehicle. Long and short-term parking is available.
Travellers are encouraged to reserve a space online. Though there are 20,000 different spaces, travellers will find that long-term parking is often spilling into short-term. Private parking areas are open to Gold Card holders as well as first-class travellers.
The trade fairgrounds that have over 40 different fairs each year is located only 500 meters from the airport. Those with layovers or who are venturing outside of the airport will find plenty to do here at the fair. Hotels are located throughout Dusseldorf as well as attached to the airport. Business travelers will find better accommodations at the hotels located directly next door to the airport, including the Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel and the Maritim Hotel.
Airport Contact Information:
IATA Airport Code: DUS
Location: 5 miles N of Dusseldorf
Telephone: +49 (0)211 4210
Fax: (0)211 421 6666
Dusseldorf International Airport,
PO Box 30 03 63,
Number of Terminals: 1
E-mail: Via the airport's website
Time Zone: GMT + 1 (GMT + 2 from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October)