Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Pisa International Airport Galileo Galilei
Pisa International Airport Galileo Galilei (PSA)
Pisa Airport is only 2 miles from the center of Pisa. It is known in Italy as Aeroporto Galileo Galilei. It is also called the Pisa-San Giusto because it is located in the San Giusto district, which is in the Tuscany region.
The official code of the airport is PSA. It sees a little over 4 million passengers annually, and about 6,000 tons of cargo as well.
The airport has only one building. It has two runways and serves both international and domestic flights. The runway system is a very good one and is equipped for air travel landings and departures of many kinds. There are 22 check-in desks and 14 gates.
The airport was first created for military purposes in the 1930s and 1940s. It was named after the famous scientist Galileo Galilei. Later, it became used for more commercial and charter purposes. In 2006 and 2007, this was the fastest growing airport in Italy, but it declined in growth in 2008 and overall, even though there was a very small rise in passenger numbers in 2009.
* VIP Lounge for business class and Galilei Gold Card Holders - refreshments, Internet services, TV; open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
* Free parking for Galilei Gold Card holders
* Business Center - meeting halls, convention rooms
* Banks, ATMs
* Car rental terminal
* Post office
* Beauty center, hairdresser, baby room, chapel, restaurants, ballet school
* La Corte shopping Center - 15 shops
* Devitalia's Internet Point
* Handicapped Accessible - adapted toilets and elevators, wheelchairs, reserved parking spaces with a shuttle
* Information Office - Open from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m., tourist information and flight information, telephone cards, bus and train tickets
* Pisa Airport Tourist Information Desk - Open from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m.
The Short Term parking is very close to the airport's departures hall. The parking is very affordable, with the first 15 minutes being free and the first hour being only Euro 2, with prices going up the longer you need to stay in these spaces.
The multi-level parking area is for staying longer. It is open 24 hours a day. There is a parking area that is located a little further away called the West Car Park, but is more affordable. The East Car Park is for much longer stays. There is also a special area for bus parking.
There is special free parking for disabled passengers, with assistance available to take you to the airport upon call. There is also special parking for drivers of motor bikes.
The main attraction nearby is the Tuscany region, which is all within an hour of the airport. It is a major getaway in Italy for many Europeans and International tourists.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa is very popular as well. It is the most popular tourist spot in Pisa. There are many other sites and places to visit as well throughout the city. Cathedrals in the city are very common and attract a lot of attention.
Pisa International Airport Galileo Galilei,
Società Aeroporto Toscano SPA,
Number of Terminals: 1
Telephone: (0)50 849 111
Fax: (0)50 849 216
Time Zone: GMT+ 1 (GMT+ 2 from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 1.5km (1 mile) north of Pisa
IATA airport code: PSA