Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Kuwait International Airport
Kuwait International Airport (KWI)
Farwaniyah, Kuwait, is the home to Kuwait International Airport and is approximately 9.6 miles south of Kuwait City. It is the hub for airlines such as Kuwait Airways and Jazeera Airways. Handling over 8.5 million passengers each year, it features only a single terminal. Passengers have access to a wide variety of services within the terminal. A second terminal is in progress and is expected to be functional by 2014.
Kuwait International Airport was established in 1927 as a means of a refueling stop for Imperial Airways. Originally known as "Dasma Airport", regular operations begin in 1932. The infrastructure of the airport was destroyed to the tune of $100 million during the Iraqi invasion in 1990. It was fully restored by December of 1991 and back to normal business operations.
* Financial Services – Two banks in the airport allow travellers easy access to their funds.
* Luggage Services – Travellers who have lost their luggage can identify it online through the airport website.
* Internet Facilities – Two lounges exist with Internet, faxing and copying capabilities.
* Car Rental Facilities – In the arrivals section, travellers can rent vehicles from major car rental companies such as Avis, Hertz and Budget.
* Restaurant Facilities – There are numerous restaurants for travellers to take advantage of. They are located throughout the airport as well as near the arrivals hall in the Commercial Center.
* Shopping services – Travellers can take advantage of a duty free market that has been built within the airport’s terminals.
* Other Services – The airport features a children’s play area, a medical area as well as a nursery and several areas for prayer.
Parking for up to 2,500 vehicles is available in the various car parks. Rates will vary depending on the duration of the stay and the type of parking. Valet parking is available. Several lifts and escalators are available to take passengers from the car park to the terminals.
Getting around Kuwait is easy. Visitors can hire a car service or rent one and drive around.
Travellers in Kuwait are encouraged to visit the Touristic garden. Decorative walks as well as thousands of lush flowers adorn the park. A Roman-Style theatre features seating for up to 2,000 people. Weekly parties occur often and entertainment for the entire family is provided. Food is also provided with the cafeterias serving up delicious cuisine.
Travellers who wish to shop should visit the 360 mall area. Featuring the largest indoors vertical garden, the mall boasts many stores for shopping and restaurants for relaxing and enjoying local cuisine.
Located five miles from the park, the Zoological Park allows visitors to spend a day amongst the animals. It features over 180,000 square meters, it was almost completely destroyed during the Iraqi. It is one of the only places to entertain children while in Kuwait.
Kuwait International Airport,
Directorate General of Civil Aviation,
PO Box 17,
State of Kuwait
Telephone: 433 5599 or 433 4499 (flight information)
Fax: 432 2222
Number of Terminals: 1
Time Zone: GMT + 3
Location: The airport is located 16km (10 miles) south of Kuwait city
IATA airport code: KWI