Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)
Located approximately 34 miles south of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur International Airport has been recognized as one of the top 10 of the world's top airports. It is a hub for Malaysia Airlines, Firefly Jet and Air Asia and is the 5th busiest airport in Asia that handles international flights. It features two long runways, with a third expected to be completed in 2013. In 2011, 37.7 million passengers passed through the airport. Many airlines use Kuala Lumpur International Airport as a means of providing both direct and connecting flights worldwide.
The plans to build the airport were developed in 1971, 27 years before the airport's first day of operations began, and the airport was plagued by problems. Upgrades were made in 2007 so the airport could begin housing the Airbus A380. This included the addition of several air bridges and the widening of runways to accommodate the airplane.
* Financial Services - ATMs and Bureau de Change locations are available in both terminals for traveller convenience.
* Luggage Services - Guests can take advantage of free luggage trolleys to transport their luggage throughout the airport.
* Internet Facilities - The airport offers free WiFi and several Internet kiosks are located in the satellite building for traveller convenience.
* Car Rental Facilities - Travellers looking to rent a car will find available rentals in both the arrival terminal and the Carpark Pantas located in Lot CR17.
* Restaurant Facilities - Several restaurants, fast food joints and cafes are available in both the main building and the satellite building.
* Shopping services - Travellers can shop duty-free in both the satellite and main building.
* Other Services - Medical services are available in both the main building and the satellite building and services for the disabled are available throughout the airport.
Short and long-term parking is available at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. In addition, several offsite car parks are designed to save the traveller money and offer direct shuttles to the airport.
Travellers are encouraged to take advantage of the culture that exists within the city of Kuala Lumpur. The Petronas Twin Towers allow visitors to take in a view that is simply breathtaking while enjoying the old world charm that the city offers.
Kuala Lumpur is a city that never sleeps - similar to NYC - and comes alive at night with bright lights, loud music and clubs. Travellers on a night layover or an extended visit can take advantage of this lively city. For those who like it more on the quiet side, Kuala Lumpur has several theatres, cabarets and cineplexes to take advantage of.
From Central Market to Chinatown, Malaysia is a hot hub for shopping and boasts over 70 shopping malls and outlets. Visitors looking to do a bit of shopping will find everything they need in the city of Kuala Lumpur. In the summer time the Mega Sale Carnival takes place in July and August and boasts incredible deals for the shopper.
Airport Management Centre,
Kuala Lumpur International Airport,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Telephone: (0)3 8777 8888
Fax: (0)3 8926 5209
E-mail: Via the airport's website
Number of Terminals: 2
Time Zone: GMT + 8
Location: The airport is located 55km (34 miles) south of Kuala Lumpur
IATA airport code: KUL