Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Casablanca Mohammed V Airport
Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport (CMN)
Mohammed V International Airport is operated by National Airports Office (ONDA), You can find it in the Province of Nouaceur, which is a suburb located just east of Casablanca.
The airport is one of the busiest in Morocco with over seven million using the airport in 2010. Named for King Mohammed V of Morocco, the airport is connected with the Thurgood Marshall Airport, Baltimore-Washington International, as well as the Yaser Arafat International Airport. It is the hub of airlines such as Regional Air Lines, Royal Air Maroc, Air Arabia Maroc and Jet4you.
Built in 1943, during WWII, by the United States, the airport was originally used as an auxiliary airfield. The airport was used as a stop-over on the way to various places during the war. At the end of World War II in 1945 the airfield was handed over to the civil government. It was used on and off up until 1959 upon the completion of more strategically located airstrips in other countries.
Currently Casablanca Mohammed V International Airport is going through many changes. It is increasing the facility to accommodate its passengers and there are new shopping centers coming. The airport has three terminals. Terminal one is undergoing a complete makeover. Upon completion, terminal one will be equipped with 28 gates and 44 check in counters. It will also have a new shopping mall and an upscale lounge.
Services and Amenities
* Public transportation - Public transportation is available in the form of taxis, shuttle services and rail.
* Money exchange services - There are banks that offer change currency services as well as numerous ATMs throughout the airport.
* Conference/Business center - For the business traveller the airport has a small business center located in the main hall where you can fax, photocopy or use the internet. While the airport does not have a conference center there is one located nearby at the Atlas Airport Hotel.
* Handicapped - There are two lifts in both arrivals and departures. If you are in need of a wheel chair they can be found between the aeroplane and the terminal buildings. It is best to inform the airline ahead of time so that one can be ready for your arrival.
* Hotel - While there is only one hotel at the airport, there are several nearby within a 25 minute ride. Further information can be obtained through the airport guide.
* Car rental - There are many different car rental companies located at the airport including Avis, Budget, Eurocar, Hertz, National, Sixt and Thrifty.
* Shopping - There are plenty of places to shop for the essentials throughout terminal 2 such as perfume, cosmetics, cigarettes and fashion accessories. There is also the Moroccan leather shop, craft shops and souvenir shops located along the way.
* Food services - Located in terminal 2 of the airport there are several restaurants offerings a variety of familiar tastes. You can either dine in or take out.
There is plenty of parking both at the arrival and departure areas. The airport has nearly 2,500 parking spaces available for short and long stays.
Surrounding Area and Attractions
Casablanca has been one of the most important African ports for many years and is rich in history. If you have time you can take the train into the City and enjoy fresh seafood and enjoy a nice walk past many shops offering both trendy and native wear.
IATA Code: CMN
Office National Des Aeroports
Number of Terminals: 1
Telephone: (0)22 539 040 or 539 140
Fax: (0)22 539 051 or 539 901
Time Zone: GMT
Location: The airport is located 30km (19 miles) south of Casablanca