Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
El Paso International Airport
El Paso International Airport (ELP)
The El Paso International Airport occupies approximately 7,100 acres of land located just 4 miles of El Paso's central business district. It offers the best access to West Texas and nearby regions including Southern New Mexico and North Mexico. The airport is currently served by 5 major airlines. In 2011, it received more than 3 million passengers. In addition to commercial flights, the airport also handles air cargo and general aviation.
In September of 1927, Charles A. Lindbergh visited El Paso and suggested the creation of an airport in the city. Shortly thereafter, the El Paso Aero Club drafted plans for a municipal airport which was dedicated a year later in 1928. In 1936, American Airlines traded its Standard Airport for the City of El Paso's airport. When the US entered World War II, the airport was turned into a training base for US Army Air Forces. The facility was returned to El Paso for public aviation use after the war ended.
In 1971, the airport tripled its size with extensive improvements. Development at the airport has continued through the years. It has pioneered the development of airport real estate with over 900 acres of its land supporting industrial parks and a science and technology park.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - There are 2 ATMs and a Travelex Currency Exchange center located on the Lower Level of the terminal, next to the Baggage Claim area. There is another ATM near Gate B5.
* Internet Services - Complimentary Wireless internet access is available in almost all public areas of the airport.
* Food Services - There are places to eat at both levels of the terminal such as El Paso's popular restaurant, Carlos and Mickey's. There are also well-known fast food chains like Burger King and Pizza Hut and a couple of grill restaurants.
* Retail Services - There are shops before and after security checkpoints on the Ground Floor and on Concourses A and B. Most of the stores are news/gift shops but there are also a few specialty retail stores such as Barnett Harley Davidson and Spira.
* Transportation - There are 9 car rental companies operating at the airport with counters located across the Baggage Claim area. There are also 9 commercial shuttles and 3 taxi cab companies currently permitted to transport airport passengers. Hotel courtesy shuttles are also available. For bus service, Sun Metro operates a daily scheduled route from Downtown Plaza to the Airport.
* Other - The airport has shoe shine booths, a massage chair on each concourse and 3 self-service kiosks/vending machines near Gate B, including Best Buy, Max Wellness and 24 hour Flower.
The airport has short-term and long-term parking garages with a total of 5, 738 spaces. Both areas have designated parking for people with disabilities. Parking at any of the lots is free for the first 30 minutes. There is free shuttle service provided between the Long-Term Parking Lot and the terminal.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
El Paso offers many interesting sites including Chihuahuan Desert Gardens and El Paso Zoo, which features more than 200 species of animals from as far as Africa and Asia. There are also numerous museums and art galleries to go to such as the Centennial Museum and Second Floor Gallery, which introduces rising local artists. Other exciting activities here include rodeo and sports events, walking tours and guided treks.
Address: 6701 Convair Rd, El Paso, TX 79925
Number of Terminals: 1
Telephone: (915) 780 4749
Fax: (915) 779 5452
E-mail: Via the airport’s website
Time Zone: GMT - 7 (GMT - 6 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 8km (5 miles) northeast of El Paso and 19km (12 miles) north of Ciudad Juarez
IATA Airport code: ELP