Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
Houston's primary airport, George Bush Intercontinental Airport, is the 8th busiest airport in the nation in terms of total passenger traffic and the number of international passengers served. In 2011, more than 40 million travellers were accommodated at the airport.
Several business giants are headquartered in Houston, drawing business travellers to the area which accounts for 44 percent of the airport's passengers. Currently, there are 17 passenger airlines serving the airport in addition to several charter airlines. The airport has 5 terminals and 5 runways.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport was the second airport in Houston and was built because the existing facility, William P. Hobby Airport, could no longer handle the significant demand for air travel in the region. It was supposed to open in 1967 but changes to the airport's design pushed the project over its budget and off schedule.
Finally, it was completed and became part of the Houston Airport System in June of 1969 as Houston Intercontinental Airport. When it opened, all passenger traffic was diverted from William P. Hobby Airport which remained in use for general aviation. In 1997, the airport's name was changed to George Bush Intercontinental Airport in honor of the 41st US President George H.W. Bush.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - Chase Bank ATMs are available in all terminals. Currency exchange booths can be found in all terminals except Terminal A.
* Internet Services - There is limited wireless internet connection at the airport with further access to Wi-Fi service provided by Boingo Wireless at the provider's current rates.
* Food Services - The Food Court is at the South end of Terminal A but a wide variety of dining options are located throughout the airport complex to satisfy guests whether they want burgers, BBQ or seafood or they are hungry for Mexican, Asian or Italian fare. For something quick to eat, guests can go for breads, pastries or donuts and a cup of coffee at more than a few concessions.
* Retail Services - The airport has an extensive list of retail shops for last-minute shopping, duty-free shopping and everything else travellers may need for their trips from books and gifts to collectibles, food products, apparel, fragrances, jewelry, sunglasses and toys.
* Transportation - Eight on-airport car rental companies
* Hotel - The Airport Marriott Hotel is directly connected to the airport and is located right in the center of the terminal.
* Other - The airport has ADA amenities, nursery rooms, an interfaith chapel and USO lounge in Terminal D. Multilingual service is available. Animal/pet relief areas are also provided outside of terminals D, B and A.
Parking lots are available in all terminals, offering a total of 25,000 spaces. The airport also has an economy parking lot (ecopark) located at the corner of JFK Blvd and Greens Road. There is free shuttle service from ecopark to the terminals. The airport also has Valet Premier Parking and Guaranteed Parking for SurePark members.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
There are plenty of places to see close to the airport such as Deerbrook Mall, the Houston Zoo, Houston Museum of Natural Science and NASA center. Experience vibrant Downtown Houston - catch a performance at one of its world-class theaters, relax in Eleanor Tinsley Park or Discovery Green, bring the kids to Downtown Aquarium or spend the day exploring the Historic District.
IATA Code: IAH
Address: 2800 North Terminal Road, Houston, TX 77032
Phone number: (281) 230-3100