Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
John Wayne Airport Orange County
John Wayne International Airport Orange County (SNA)
John Wayne Airport is an international airport located in Santa Ana (Orange County) CA. It is close to Costa Mesa, Irvine and Newport Beach. It has the shortest runway of any major airport in the U.S., so planes landing and departing to and from the airport have size limitations. Southwest, United, American, Air Tran and Alaska all are major carriers at the airport.
John Wayne International Airport is the only commercial airport in Orange County, with neighboring Long Beach Airport is nearby. John Wayne Airport handles nearly 9 million passengers each year.
The first airstrip was built at the future airport in 1923 and was used for a flight school. The airport served as a military base during WWII.
In 1967, a new terminal was constructed to accommodate 400,000 passengers on an annual basis. Passenger areas were remodeled in 1974 and a new baggage claim was added in 1980.
Originally called Orange County Airport, the airport was renamed in 1979 to commemorate resident entertainer John Wayne. It marks the first airport to be named after a movie star; a bronze statue of Wayne is located on the lower level of the airport.
In 2011, the terminal was expanded with 6 additional gates and more parking. In summer of 2012, the airport was renamed again as John Wayne International Airport.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - ATMs throughout the airport near Gates 7 and 8 in Terminal A, and near Gates 9 and 10 in Terminal B, as well as in Baggage Claim on the Arrival (lower) Level near Carousels 1 and 4.
* Internet Services - Free Wi-Fi access (JWAFREEWIFI) is available to passengers in the lounges, concourses, and concession areas.
* Baggage - Baggage carts are located throughout the terminal and are available for rental for 25 cents.
* Food Services - There are several food and beverage options available including fast casual dining options, coffee shops and cafes, a CPK and an Anaheim Ducks Bar & Grill.
* Retail Services - There are a handful of shops in the airport that sell souvenirs, books, snacks and sundries.
* Transportation - There are a variety of transportation options available. Rental cars counters are located on the lower arrival level. Hotel shuttles, door-to-door shuttles and taxis are also available. Reservations are recommended.
* Other - A pet relief area is located on the lower level outside Terminal A, next to the parking structure.
There are a variety of parking options available both on-site and off-site. There are four parking structures and curbside valet parking is also offered. Car wash and detailing service are available in the valet parking areas.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Located in the heart of Orange County, John Wayne Airport is close to the coast and neighboring Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach. The airport is conveniently located just 14 miles from Disneyland and is also near Knott's Berry Farm. Just minutes away from the airport some of the best shopping can be found at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa.
Address: 18601 Airport Way, Santa Ana, CA 92707
Phone number: (949) 252-5200
Fax: 949 252 7178
Number of Terminals: 1
Time Zone: GMT - 8 (GMT - 7 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located in Santa Ana, California, 56km (35 miles) south of Los Angeles
IATA airport code: SNA