Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Nashville International Airport
Nashville International Airport (BNA)
There are close to 10 million passengers who pass through the Nashville International Airport in a year. The airport operates 50 nonstop flights to 70 destinations and is served by 11 airlines. In 2011, it handled over 79,000 tons of cargo. With all this activity at the airport, it's not surprising why it's the 35th busiest in the US. The airport has 4 runways and a 3-level terminal with 44 gates. The airport is home to the Tennessee Air National Guard.
The airport opened in 1937 and was then known as Berry Field. Not long after starting commercial operations, the US Army occupied the facility to support operations during World War II. The federal government returned the airport to the city of Nashville when the war ended in 1946. The airport was significantly expanded in 1958 and a new terminal was opened in 1961. More construction and development occurred at the property from the 1960s to the 1980s. It was renamed Nashville International Airport in 1988. At present, the airport is continuing to see increased air service.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - SunTrust Bank has branches at the airport. ATMs can be found on the Ticketing Level. Foreign Currency Exchange service is provided by Sun Trust Bank and Wright Travel Business Center located in Concourse C before the checkpoint.
* Internet Services - There is Wi-Fi access available for a fee in all public areas but users are provided 20 minutes of complimentary wireless internet connection in the Food Courts and Meeter/Greeter sections.
* Food Services - There are a handful of choices in the airport for meals and snacks. The Food Courts are located on Concourse A and C while Concourse B has Neely's Bar-B-Que, Tennessee Tavern and Godiva Chocolates. There are also several bars inside the airport.
* Retail Services - Passengers can do some quick shopping or just while away time at any of the retail shops in the terminal including Hudson News & Bookstore, Nashville Star, Kids Works and Boswell's Music City.
* Transportation - Level 1 of the Terminal contains all Ground Transportation services and facilities including taxi service, limousine service, car rentals and bus services to downtown Nashville. Hotel courtesy vans are also available.
* Other -The airport also has children's play areas on all Concourses, meditation/prayer rooms, massage bars, nail salon, shoe shine service, Redbox DVD rental vending machines and live music lounges.
The airport has several parking options from short-term and long-term parking to economy and valet parking. There's also an overflow parking lot made available during peak travel periods. For frequent parkers, the airport has provided a reserved area very near the airport.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Nashville, also known as Music City, has so much to offer not only to music lovers but to anyone looking for a fantastic time. Some of the most popular spots in Nashville are the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Honky Tonk Row and Riverfront Park. There are many interesting tours to try such as the Grand Legends Tour, Jack Daniel's Country Tour and the Historic Tennessee Tour that will bring visitors to Nashville's gorgeous countryside.
Address: One Terminal Drive Suite 501, Nashville, TN 37214
Phone number: (615) 275-1675
Fax: 615 275 1784
Number of Terminals: 1
Time Zone: GMT - 6 (GMT - 5 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 13km (8 miles) southeast of Nashville
IATA Airport Code: BNA