Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Palm Beach International Airport
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
The Palm Beach International Airport is located less than 3 miles west of downtown West Palm Beach, serving Palm Beach County and nearby counties like St. Lucie and Martin. The airport is receiving more than 6 million passengers annually and is currently being served by 13 airlines. In 2011, Conde Naste readers voted the airport as the 3rd best passenger-friendly airport in the US and the 6thbest in the world.
The airport started its commercial operations in 1936 and was then known as Morrison Field. In 1940, during World War II, the airport was converted to a military facility by the US Army. All civil flight service was routed to Lantana Airport. In 1947 when the war ended, Palm Beach County assumed control of the airfield. In 1948, it was renamed to Palm Beach International Airport. Over the decades, the airport has increasingly grown and has undergone several major expansions. The current terminal was completed in 1988. At present, the airport is carrying out a runway rehabilitation project.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - Automated Teller Machines are located at Level One Ticketing, Baggage Claim Area and on Concourses B and C. A Traveller Service Center is located on Level Two of the Concessions Mall in the Main Terminal where ATMs and foreign currency exchange is available.
* Internet Services - Travellers with Wi-Fi enabled computers and devices can enjoy free wireless internet connection throughout the public areas of the terminals and concourses.
* Food Services - There airport has 2 full service restaurants, Sam Snead's Tavern and Rooney's Public House, located on Level Two of the Main Terminal. There's a Starbucks coffeehouse in the terminal and all three concourses. Other eateries include Nick's Tomatoe Pie and Chilis Too.
* Retail Services - In addition to bookstores and news/gift shops on Concourses B and C, a variety of shops are located in the Main Terminal including The Paradies Shops, Kidzoo and Palm Beach Expressions.
* Transportation - The Southeastern Florida Transportation Group provides for-hire ground transportation services to airport passengers, including taxis, vans, sedans, limousines and shared-ride vehicles. Pre-arranged ground transport providers must have authorization to operate at the airport. Passengers may also arrange for pick-up by a hotel courtesy shuttle. Palm Tran bus service, Tri-Rail and Amtrak provide public transportation.
* Other - The airport has a Reservation Center for hotel and transportation needs. TDD phones are available as well as wheelchair service on all levels of the terminal. The airport also has art exhibit displays.
Premium parking is located right outside the Baggage Claim Area. Short-term parking is situated on Terminal Levels 4 to 7. The airport has a huge indoor Long-Term parking garage within short walking distance of the terminal. An on-airport economy parking lot is also available just a few minutes away from the terminal with free shuttle service provided. There is a cell phone lot or drivers' waiting area available at no charge.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Visitors will have no problem finding their own brand of adventure in Palm Beach where they can hop aboard the Black Sparrow Pirate Ship, climb up the historical Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse, watch horses in action during the Winter Equestrian Festival or go on an airboat tour of the Loxahatchee Everglades. There's also so much local culture and heritage to explore with numerous museums and art galleries in the city.
Address: 1000 James L. Turnage Boulevard, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
Phone number: (561) 471-7400
Fax: 561 471 7427
Number of Terminals: 1
Time Zone: GMT - 5 (GMT - 4 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 4km (2.5 miles) west of West Palm Beach and 5.5km (3.5 miles) west of Palm Beach
IATA Airport Code: PBI