Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Philadelphia International Airport
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
As the only major airport serving the city of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia International Airport is served by 30 airlines that handle over 600 daily departures. It connects travellers to 125 cities which include 36 overseas destinations. In 2011, the airport accommodated more than 30 million passengers.
The Philadelphia International Airport is located just 7 miles from downtown Philadelphia and sits on 2,370 acres of land. It is made up of 7 terminals, 126 boarding gates and 4 runways. In 2011, it was recognized by the Airport Revenue News for having the best concession management team.
Philadelphia International Airport started operations in 1940 as the Philadelphia Municipal Airport, transporting about 40,000 passengers. Through the decades that followed, the airport expanded and modernized its facilities to meet both the growing demand for air travel and the needs of passengers. Since 2000, the airport has completed over $1 billion in improvement projects. A Capacity Enhancement Program is currently underway at the airport.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - There are more than a dozen ATMs placed throughout the airport. Foreign exchange currency facilities can be found in the International Arrivals Hall and Terminal and Concourse A.
* Internet Services - Anyone with a Wi-Fi ready device can use the airport's free wireless internet access. Data ports can be found in all terminals. The UPS Store, situated on Terminal A/B walkway, has computers with Internet access.
* Food Services - The airport's award-winning line up of concessionaires include more than 70 eateries from local names to national brands including Philly Steak & Gyro, Chickie's & Pete's, Legal Sea Foods, Cibo and Sbarro's. Philadelphia Marketplace located on Terminal B/C Connector has a large food court.
* Retail Services - There are over 50 shops within the airport to meet the shopping needs of travellers whether they are looking for clothes, books, jewelry, cosmetics, electronic accessories, gadgets or collectibles. Two branches of International Shoppes are located in Terminal A for duty free shopping. All terminals have news and gift shops.
* Transportation - The airport has a wide public transportation network to include taxi, sedan and limo and shared van services, which can all be accessed on the Commercial Transportation Roadway on Zones 5, 6 and 7, respectively. There are 8 car rental companies operating at the airport.
* Hotel - A skybridge connects Terminal B to The Marriott Hotel so those looking for first-rate accommodations don't have to leave the airport at all.
* Other - For traveller's convenience and relaxation, the airport has spas, exclusive lounges, and a children's play area.
The airport has a short-term parking lot and several garages for long-term and hourly parking, all of which can be accessed by taking the Arriving Flights Roadway. An economy lot is also available for long-term and daily parking and must be used by all vehicles exceeding the 6 feet height limit of the garage parking. This lot can be accessed by following the signs along the Departing Flights Roadway or from Island and Penrose Avenues.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
The local area offers guests a wide array of attractions including museums such as the Philadelphia Museum of Art, important local sites like the Betsy Ross House and Liberty Bell/Independence Hall, and interesting tours such as the Philadelphia Trolley Works and Ghost Tours of Philadelphia.
Address: 8500 Essington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19153
Phone number: (215) 937-6937
Fax: 215 937 6497
Number of Terminals: 7
Time Zone: GMT - 5 (GMT - 4 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 11km (7 miles) from Philadelphia
IATA Airport Code: PHL