Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Port Columbus International Airport
Port Columbus International Airport (CMH)
Commonly known as Port Columbus, and assigned the IATA airport code CMH, Port Columbus International Airport is primarily a passenger airport located east of downtown Columbus, Ohio, USA. It is managed by the Columbus Regional Airport Authority and handles almost 50% of the passenger air traffic in the area.
Port Columbus is also known for its showcase of community artworks composed of children's drawings and other donated items from the area. It is the largest passenger airport in Central Ohio and the second busiest airport in the state.
The Port Columbus International Airport was opened on July 8, 1929 as an eastern air terminal of the Transcontinental Air Transport for the New York-Los Angeles air rail route. In 1958, a terminal building was established amounting to $12 million.
The airport features an array of shops, restaurants and even an art gallery for passengers waiting for their flights or had recently arrived. Different business ventures are established within the airport premises for a one-stop shop ordeal.
The airport also hosts a small art museum and gallery for passengers to enjoy. Some of these art galleries are Columbus Museum of Art which features the work of the artist Bello; Columbus City Schools Student Artwork which features different artworks created by student artists within the Columbus City schools; Children's Postcard Program which hosts postcards created by the children living in the state.
The airport also has a Wi-Fi and power services.
Parking & Transportation
The airport also has different parking services to choose from. It features a valet parking service, short and long term garages, bicycle parking lots and shuttle transportation services.
The airport is guarded by the Transportation Security Administration. Here are some reminders from the TSA:
* Passengers should arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before boarding time.
* Passengers should have identification cards or documents with them to validate identity. IDs are checked at the ticket counter, checkpoints and boarding gates.
* Only passengers with tickets will be allowed to enter beyond security checkpoints. However, if the passenger needs assistance, certain arrangements can be made to allow non-travellers beyond the checkpoints.
* To ease the screening process of the passenger and his/her luggage and baggage, remove any metal objects before passing through metal-detectors. Make sure that there are no prohibited objects on your things to avoid delay and detention.
* Passengers are allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item like a briefcase or purse.
Surrounding Places to Stay
There are hotels located near the airport such as America's Best Value Inn, Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn and the Hilton Garden Inn.
* Follow airport regulations and present your airline tickets, passport and necessary identification and flight documents when asked.
* If you are travelling with your children or pets, ensure their safety and present the necessary documents proving that the children or pets will board a flight with you.
Port Columbus International Airport,
4600 International Gateway,
Number of Terminals: 1
Telephone: (614) 239 4000
Fax: (614) 239 4066
Time Zone: GMT - 5 (GMT - 4 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 10km (7 miles) northeast of Columbus
IATA airport code: CMH