Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
San Antonio International Airport
San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
San Antonio International Airport is located about 8 miles away from the downtown area and is the main commercial service airport serving the air travel needs of the San Antonio metropolitan area. There are 11 airlines operating here, averaging 280 departures everyday to 31 destinations, including Mexico City. In 2011, a total of 8.1 million passengers were accommodated at the airport.
In 1941, the City of San Antonio acquired over 1,000 acres of land to build a municipal airport. However, the Second World War struck a year after the airport was founded and the U.S. Army took over the facility and converted it to a training base. When the war ended, the troops no longer needed the airfield and its control was returned to the City for civilian use. A new terminal was built in 1953. Further improvements and extensive facilities were later added as part of two Airport Master Plans that were completed in 1975 and 1994. A major multimillion terminal expansion program is currently underway at the airport.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - Generations Federal Credit Union offers full service banking at the airport from Mondays-Fridays and is located at Terminal A - Lobby. There are ATMs throughout the terminals.
* Internet Services - There is free wireless internet access for passengers and guests in the terminals as well as in the cell phone waiting lot.
* Food Services - The airport offers excellent variety of restaurants to enjoy quality food and beverage, including local favorites like Rosario's, the award-winning Charley's and Creative Croissants for some carved-ham sandwich for breakfast. Passengers waiting for their flights can relax at Alamo City Microbrewery & Grill and those in a rush can head to Raising Cane's for made-to-order chicken fingers.
* Retail Services - There are a number of stores at both terminals where passengers can shop for their travel needs, gifts or souvenirs including books, duty free items, wines, luggage and a wide range of Texas-themed products from shirts to sauces.
* Transportation - Rental cars, taxis, shuttle service, hotel shuttles, city buses, charter buses and limousine services are all available to transport passengers from the airport to their destinations. Transportation Information booths can be found curbside in front of the terminals.
* Other - The airport has a broad art program that includes changing exhibitions and permanent displays at various locations in the terminals. A USO center is located in Terminal B. There are also designated relief areas for pets/service animals. Facilities are handicapped accessible.
The airport has an hourly parking garage, which offers the most convenient access to the terminals. It is right next to Terminal A, which is designated as the passenger pick-up/drop off area. There's also a long-term parking garage located near Terminals A and B and an off-airport economy parking lot. A cell phone waiting lot is also available for drivers who will be waiting for arriving passengers.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Just a few miles from the airport is the North Park Mall and the Texas Transportation Museum, which is perfect for passengers on layovers or visitors simply looking for a nearby attraction. Holidaymakers will find a long list of choices for their itineraries and some not to be missed include Alamo, Riverwalk, the San Antonio Zoo, Seaworld, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, La Villita and Cascade Caverns.
Address: 9800 Airport Boulevard, San Antonio, TX 78216
Phone number: (210) 207-3465
Fax: 210 207 3500
Number of Terminals: 2
Time Zone: GMT - 6 (GMT - 5 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located in northcentral San Antonio, 13km (8 miles) from central San Antonio
IATA airport code: SAT