Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
San Jose International Airport
Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is a city-owned public airport located 2 miles outside the city of San Jose in Santa Clara County, CA. It is a United States Customs and Border Protection port of entry whose main carriers include Alaska Airlines and Southwest Airlines.
San Jose airport is the smallest of the three Bay City airports, serving over 8 million passengers a year, behind San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Oakland International Airport (OAK).
In 1939, the future mayor of San Jose purchased land that was later leased and sold to build a hangar and flight school. The airport was later developed in this location and opened in 1965.
In the early eighties, San Jose Airport was one of the first airports in the U.S. to take part in the noise regulation program. In 1988, American Airlines American Airlines started using San Jose airport as a hub, but it lasted only a few years due to the economic downturn. In the nineties, the airport greatly expanded with an additional terminal. In 2001, the airport was renamed after another former San Jose mayor, congressmen and former U.S. Secretary of Transportation.
In August 2004, ground was broken on the new North Concourse, to include a new check-in area, improved security features and pick-up/drop-off curbside space. The first phase was finished in mid 2010.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - Several ATMs are located throughout the terminal. There is a US Bank across from gates 10, 13 and 15. Foreign currency exchange is also available in the International Building across from Gate 15.
* Internet Services - Free secure Wi-Fi access and support is provided in all public areas of Terminals A and B.
* Baggage - Baggage carts are available curbside and cost $4.00.
* Food Services - There are several food and beverage options available including fast casual dining options, coffee shops and cafes, and a Gordon Biersch Brewing Company.
* Retail Services - There are a handful of shops in the airport that sell souvenirs, books, snacks and sundries.
* Transportation - San Jose Airport makes it easy to travel to and from the airport. Door-to-door shuttles, hotel shuttles, inter-terminal shuttles, limos, taxis and rental cars are available.
* Other - San Jose airport offers many amenities to provide stress relief to tired travelers. Massage chairs are located in the gates 10-13, a meditation room is located Terminal B and a piano is open for use in Terminal A. In addition, a pet relief area is located outside the airport.
Parking options at Mineta San Jose International Airport include short term economy garages both on and off-site. A cell phone waiting lot is also available.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
The airport is just a few minutes from downtown San Jose, where nightlife, museums, galleries and shopping are all within walking distance. San Jose offers a little bit of something for everyone - there are 150 parks and gardens within the city for the outdoor enthusiast, great restaurants fit for foodies and a bevy of amusement parks that are fun for the whole family. The mild climate of the area also makes great growing conditions for grapes, which means the nearby Santa Cruz and Santa Clara wineries make for some conveniently accessible tasting destinations. San Francisco and Monterey are also close by.
IATA Code: SJC
Address: 1701 Airport Blvd., San Jose, CA 95110
Phone number: (408)392.3600
Mineta San José International Airport,
1732 North First Street,
Number of Terminals: 2
Telephone: 408 501 7600
Fax: 408 573 1675
E-mail: Via the airport's website
Time Zone: GMT - 8 (GMT - 7 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 5km (3 miles) northwest of San Jose
Airport code: SJC