Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Southwest Florida International Airport
Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
Southwest Florida International Airport serves the counties of Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry and Lee as well as the greater Southwest Florida area. The airport accommodates about 20,000 passengers and 230 flights every day with airline service currently offered by 15 carriers. In 2011, it served over 7.5 million passengers. It has nonstop service to 46 destinations, including 3 international destinations in Germany and Canada.
The airport started operations in May of 1983 as Southwest Florida Regional Airport. It was constructed in response to the increased air traffic in the region that the existing airport could no longer accommodate. The next two decades saw phenomenal growth at the airport, calling for major improvements. In 2005, the airport opened a new modern terminal.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - There are 2 ATMs in the Main Terminal and 1 ATM in Concourse D. Travelex operates a business center on the 2nd floor of the Main Terminal for currency exchange and money transfers.
* Internet Services - There is free Wi-Fi at available anywhere inside the airport but travelers without laptops or Wi-Fi enabled gadgets can head to the internet kiosks at the Travelex Business Center should they need to go online.
* Food Services - Several choices are available here to have a bite. In the Main Terminal, there are restaurants and bars like Shula's Bar & Grill and Jose Cuervo Tequileria. On the concourses, there are coffee shops and eateries as well such as Great American Bagel, Palm City Market and Sanibel Bean
* Retail Services - The airport has a number of shops for travelers' convenience and entertainment including The Beaches Travelmart, CNBC News and Brighton Collectibles.
* Transportation - There are several ways for passengers who have landed at the airport to get to their destination, including on-site and off-site car rental, taxi service and bus service provided by LeeTran. For hotel guests, complimentary hotel shuttle service is another option. There are also numerous companies in the area providing pre-arranged Shared Ride or limousine services.
* Other - Mail and FedEx drop-off boxes are located at the Business Center. The airport has Dog Walk Areas at either end of the terminal.
The airport boasts of hassle-free no reservations and no pre-payment parking options. It has 11,000 parking spaces that accommodate short-term and long-term parking. The Short Term Parking Garage is a short walk to the terminal and parking spaces occupy Level 2 (covered) and Level 3 (open air) of the building. The Long-Term Parking Lot offers the most economical rates, with shuttle service and luggage assistance.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Southwest Florida's beautiful coastal environment and great weather draw crowds of tourists every year. Vacationers and locals alike enjoy not only the beaches but a host of water activities too. Many of the region's best attractions are perfect for families such as Busch Gardens, Ringling Museum of Art and the Royal Lipizzan Stallions. There are several major shopping centers, hundreds of golf courses and a large arts community in the region.
Address: 11000 Terminal Access Road, Fort Myers, FL 33913
Phone number: (239) 590-4800
Number of Terminals: 1 (2 concourses)
Telephone: (239) 768 4381 or (239) 768 4910
Fax: (239) 768 4711 or (239) 768 4709
Time Zone: GMT - 5 (GMT - 4 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 16km (10 miles) southeast of Fort Myers
IATA Airport Code: RSW