Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Washington Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport faces the Potomac River and is the closest airport to the nation's capital. It is served by 12 airlines offering non-stop flights to 78 North American destinations. Since 2006, the airport has welcomed an average of 18.2 million passengers every year. Aside from a few exemptions, no flights can depart from or land at the airport to/from destinations more than 1,250 miles away from Washington as per federal regulation.
The airport started business on June 16, 1941. The airport added buildings and expanded its facilities in the succeeding years. The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority was formed in 1987 to manage the operations of the federally-owned Dulles International and Washington National Airports. In 1997, a new terminal was opened with new parking garages and a roadway.
In 2001, the airport was closed for 23 days right after the 9/11 terrorist attacks and resumed operations on October 4th. In 2007, the airport reached a new record of 18.7 million passengers. Recent projects include the restoration of the roadside facade of Terminal A which was finished in 2008 and a major parking garage expansion completed in 2010.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - There are ATMs in all three terminals. Currency exchange facilities are situated near the ATMs in National Hall located before the security checkpoints. There is a full service bank in Terminal B.
* Internet Services - There is free wireless internet service throughout the airport. Guests simply need to select the airport's complimentary network on their WiFi enabled devices and accept the terms of the service to start using it.
* Food Services -There are numerous restaurants inside the airport to satisfy guests including Fuddruckers, Famous Famiglia pizzeria, Jet Rock Bar & Grill and Matsutake Sushi. There's also a deli, bistro and several coffee shops at the airport.
* Retail Services - The airport has more than 40 stores selling a variety of items from books, gifts, and clothes to jewelry and gadgets, most of which are located in National Hall. Each area of the airport has a newsstand for guests' reading pleasure.
* Transportation -Taxi stands are located outside each terminal while rental car counters can be found in Parking Garage A. Door-to-door, shared shuttle service is provided by SuperShuttle. The airport is served by Metrorail and the airport Metrorail station is accessible via Terminals B and C. Passengers can also use chauffeured services from any transportation company for airport pickup or delivery.
* Other - There is an interfaith chapel located on the Concourse level of Terminal B. For military personnel and their families, there is a USO Lounge located in Terminal A - Main Level.
The airport has an economy parking lot and three other parking garages with hourly and daily parking available. The garages are connected to the terminals by a pedestrian tunnel or bridge with moving sidewalks. All parking areas are also serviced by courtesy shuttle buses.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
A trip to Washington, DC will not be complete without visiting one or all of these places: the US Capitol Building, White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial and the Smithsonian Institute Museum.
Address: 2401 Smith Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22202
Phone number: (703) 417-8000
Fax: 703 417 8002
Number of Terminals: 3
Time Zone: GMT - 5 (GMT - 4 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 7km (4 miles) south of Washington DC
IATA airport code: DCA