Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Caracas Maiquetia International Airport Simon Bolivar
Caracas Maiquetia International Airport Simon Bolivar (CCS)
Caracas Maiquetia International Airport Simon Bolivar is located 16 miles of Caracas, Venezuela. It is the international gateway to the country with flights to many big cities around the world from the Americas to Europe. It is the biggest of all the airports in Venezuela in terms of passenger traffic and volume. It serves more than 5 million travellers every year. In 2011, there were close to 3 million domestic passengers and over 2 million international passengers who passed through the airport.
The airport's beginning goes way back to 1912 when a Pan American airline landed on a crude runway at Cabo Blanco, a property owned by the Luy Family. In the middle of the 1920s, an American company acquired a lease of the land and it used it as a landing strip for air cargo, mail and passenger service. International civil aviation started at the airport in 1930. The government bought the land from the Luy Family in 1938 and a plan was put forward to modernize the airport.
Construction of the terminal occurred from 1942 to 1944 and further extensions to the runway and the terminal ensued from the 1950s to the 1970s. In 1972, Maiquetia International Airport was given the name "Simon Bolivar". The airport currently has several plans under its Master Development Program to modernize and expand its infrastructure.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - There are 7 banks and ATMs and 6 foreign currency exchange booths distributed in the National and International Terminals.
* Internet Services - The airport provides free wireless internet connection. There are free Internet Stations as well located at Gates 15 and 22 of the International Terminal.
* Food Services - There's a variety of restaurants and snack bars in the airport where passengers can enjoy meals, light fare or drinks whether they are craving for local dishes or foreign cuisine from classic American food like burgers and hot dogs to Italian pizza or Japanese sushi.
* Retail Services - Passengers will have their fill of shopping in the airport with over 100 stores to choose from where they can buy clothes, handicrafts, books, accessories and other products absolutely tax free.
* Transportation - The airport has an official 24-hour taxi company and visitors are advised not to make arrangements with unregistered taxis. Cabs are available at both terminals outside the Arrival and Departure areas. For public bus service, UCAM buses ply the Airport-Caracas route. There are 8 car rental companies operating at the airport with counters located in both terminals.
* Other -The airport has information modules, tourist information centers, parcel and mailing facilities, phone booths and communication centers, conference rooms, charging stations, baby changing facilities, VIP lounges, health clinics and services to people with special needs.
The National Terminal has both short-term and long-term parking while the International Terminal only offers long-term parking.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Caracas, the capital of Venezuela, is the perfect base to explore the best attractions in the country including Museo de Arte Colonial, the Avila National Park, Basilica de Santa Teresa and Panteon Nacional.
Address: Avenida Aeropuerto, Maiquetia 1062, Venezuela
Phone number: (0501) 2564246
Fax: (0)212 355 1224
Caracas Maiquetía International Airport (Simón Bolívar),
Number of Terminals: 2
Time Zone: GMT - 4
Location: The airport is located 26km (16 miles) north of Caracas
IATA airport code: CCS