WestJet Announces Schedule Enhancements for 2006
Nov 2nd , 2005
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(CCNMatthews - Nov. 2, 2005) - WestJet (TSX:WJA) today announced numerous schedule enhancements, including new non-stop routes and increased frequencies between cities throughout North America.
Beginning January 2006, WestJet will introduce new non-stop service between the following cities:
- Calgary and Fort McMurray, five non-stop flights/week
- Vancouver and Las Vegas, three non-stop flights/week
- Hamilton and Orlando, one non-stop flight/week
- Winnipeg and Orlando, one non-stop flight/week
In January 2006, WestJet will also increase the number of departures between cities in its existing route network as follows:
- Service between Toronto and Orlando increases to two non-stop flights per day
- Service between Calgary and Phoenix increases to one non-stop flight per day
- Service between Calgary and Palm Springs increases to four non-stop flights per week
Sean Durfy, WestJet's Executive Vice-President of Marketing and Sales, commented: "We are pleased to announce the first phase of our 2006 schedule, including greater frequencies and new non-stop routes. The enhancements revealed today offer greater choices for people travelling to sunspots and vacation destinations in the United States from cities across our Canadian network."