FlyForLess Official Find The Cheapest Flights Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contest begins Sunday, January 8, 2012, and ends Saturday, February 18, 2012, with weekly prizes each Sunday - Saturday during the contest period.
- Eligibility: The FlyForLess Find The Cheapest Flights “Contest” is open to legal residents of Canada who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Sweepstakes period. Employees of FlyForLess, Flight Network and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Flight Network through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules & Regulations (“Official Rules”). Contest is Void to Quebec Residents and where prohibited.
- To Enter: To be entered automatically, enter your valid email address, first and last name and province of residence and your 'cheapest flights' routing/price details that can be found using the FlyForLess flight search into the contest entry form on the FlyForLess Find The Cheapest Flights“ Contest page at http://www.FlyForLess.ca/find-the-cheapest-flights-contest.html.
Mandatory participation in the FlyForLess mailing list is a condition of the FlyForLess Find The Cheapest Flights Contest. If you do not wish to join the FlyForLess mailing list to participate in the FlyForLess Find The Cheapest Flights Contest, please email your unsubscribe request to contest@FlyForLess.ca. No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. Only one entry per person, household and/or e-mail address is permitted for each weekly contest, regardless of method of entry. If chosen, they shall be removed from the entire pool of registrants for the duration of the contest.
- Prize: FlyForLess will offer 3 prizes each week during the 6-week contest period:
a) One (1) entrant each week who follows @FlyForLess on Twitter.com and who has tweeted or retweeted details of the contest using hashtag #CheapestFlights will be eligible for a $100 future travel credit.
b) One (1) entrant who 'likes' FlyForLess on Facebook (Facebook.com/FlyForLess), or 'likes' the weekly 'Cheapest Flights' contest announcement in FaceBook will be eligible for a $100 future travel credit.
c) One (1) entrant each week who has submitted the lowest 'cheapest flight' price will be eligible for a future travel credit for the value of the 'cheapest flight' price submitted. 'Cheapest flight' values are determined by airfare costs only, and exclude taxes.
Travel credits have no cash value, and can only be used towards the purchase of travel services from FlyForLess / Flight Network. Travel credits expire one (1) year from date of issue. Any unused value upon expiry is forfeited. FlyForLess will not be held responsible for any costs involved, or technical issues involved with the redemption of the future travel credit. All persons with active and valid email addresses who have entered the Contest will be eligible for the respective weekly drawings. All emails are subject to verification and validation. FlyForLess reserves the right to reject registrations that it deems in its sole discretion as fraudulent, falsified or duplicated.
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, provincial, and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. FlyForLess will be in touch with the winner of each draw in order to ship the prize. In order for the prize to be given, we will need proof of identification given at the time of registration. Draws are held at the office of FlyForLess in Burlington, Ontario, Canada on the scheduled dates, January 16, 23, 30, February 6, 13, 20, 2012.
- Selection of Winners: FlyForLess will award the weekly prizes as follows:
a) Randomly select a winner from all Twitter followers who tweeted or retweeted details of the contest using hashtag #cheapestflights.
b) Randomly select a winner from all Facebook users who 'like' FlyForLess.ca, or 'like' the weekly contest announcement at Facebook.com/FlyForLess.
c) To the entrant that has submitted the cheapest price/route during the contest period. In the event that more than one entrant has submitted an identical 'cheapest price' during the weekly contest period, FlyForLess will randomly select a winner from all eligible 'cheapest price' entries received.
Drawings will be held each Monday following the weekly Sunday - Saturday contest period. Winners will be notified by e-mail IMMEDIATELY and must respond within two (2) business days of the prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and/or publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, does not respond to FlyForLess within 2 business days, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and/or publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries submitted.
- General Rules: By entering FlyForLess' Find The Cheapest Flights Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. FlyForLess is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By entering the Contest, You further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless FlyForLess, Flight Network and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond FlyForLess’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and FlyForLess' decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final. IN NO EVENT WILL FLYFORLESS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT FLYFORLESS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
- Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by winning any prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, images provided and entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in FlyForLess' email Newsletters, and FlyForLess' website without additional compensation. All entries become property of FlyForLess and none will be acknowledged or returned. FlyForLess reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest are compromised, without liability to the entrant. FlyForLess reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by FlyForLess, in its sole discretion. The Contest is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read these official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of FlyForLess, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. These Official Rules are governed by the laws of Ontario.
- Winner’s List: For a list of prize winners, send your request to contest@FlyForLess.ca with “Winner’s list” as the email subject and Contest name specified in the body of the e-mail.