Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Cologne Bonn Airport
Cologne Bonn (CGN)
Cologne-Bonn was given its name due to the fact that it was strategically placed in between two of Germany's most beautiful cities. As the sixth largest airport in Germany, this airport is located just 10 miles from Bonn and 9 miles from Cologne. Most flights received by this facility are low-cost, budget airlines that include Germanwings and easyJet. Cologne Bonn offers a wide variety of connections and is often used for layovers and connecting flights rather than an actual destination.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - ATMs and banks are located throughout the airport as well as currency exchange offices.
* Luggage Services - Storage facilities are located in Terminal 2 and lost-and-found is also located in Terminal 2.
* Business Services - There are conference facilities capable of handling 600 or more people. In the Wollhaf Conference Center of the airport, there are conference rooms, telephones, fax machines, internet, rental equipment and audio-visual equipment. Catering is available upon request from the local airport restaurants.
* Retail Services - The shopping at Cologne Bonn is a lot more upper class than most travelers would expect. Some high-end retailers located throughout the facility include Espirit, Hugo Boss and even luxury food stores. There is also a supermarket located within the facility for those who want a few airline-friendly food items.
* Food Services - There is a large range of variety food stores, restaurants, cafes and bars located at the airport. From local fast-food options to more authentic cuisines, there is something for everyone at the Cologne Bonn Airport.
* Other Amenities - Travel centers, pharmacy, baby-changing facilities, disabled access, TVs and observation areas are available.
* Internet Services - There is free Wi-Fi in some restaurants, but for the most part it is pay-as-you-go throughout the entire Cologne Bonn Airport.
Parking and Transportation
Currently the Cologne-Bonn Airport has over 12,000 vehicle parking spots. Short-term parking is charged by the hour, while long-term parking is charged per day or week.
As of right now there are airport taxis readily available throughout the day and take about 15 to 25 minutes to get to town. The train station is located within the airport and runs every 15 to 20 minutes into town. Busses are available, but take significantly longer than taxis and trains and travelers can expect to take up to 40 minutes to reach town.
There are hotels located in Cologne and Bonn areas. Those looking to save money can find more budget-friendly stays in the Bonn area, while five-star resorts are located in the Cologne region. Business travellers will find accommodations throughout the city that offer a wide variety of business-related accommodations and amenities.
Airport Contact Information
Airport IATA Code: CGN
Location: 9 miles SE of Cologne
Telephone: +49 (0)2203 400
Fax: (0)22 02 402702
Postbox 98 01 20,
Number of Terminals: 2
Time Zone: GMT + 1 (GMT + 2 from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 15km (9 miles) southeast of Cologne