Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Bologna G Marconi Airport
Bologna G Marconi Airport (BLQ)
Located southeast of Milan and to the northwest of the Emilia-Romagna region in Italy, the Bologna G Marconi Airport is the 7th busiest airport in Italy, serving nearly 6 million passengers in 2011. International and domestic passengers are served by a number of scheduled airlines, as well as charter flight services. The airport is a state-of-the art facility and is undergoing expansion to handle increased demand.
Name for Bologna native, electrical engineer, and Nobel laureate, Guglielmo Marconi, the airport has undergone expansion on its runways to accommodate larger planes and is rapidly expanding the airport itself to accommodate increased travel demands.
* Financial Services - The airport currently offers ATMs, a bank, currency exchange and money transfer services, traveller's cheques, and travel insurance.
* Luggage Services - Aside from standard baggage services, the airport offers Re-Pack & Go, a service allowing passengers to utilize tables to rearrange their luggage for easier handling, and Safe Bag, a paid service that keeps luggage safe and secure, and tracks it with a special code.
* Business Services - Meeting rooms and a conference hall are available.
* Internet Services - The airport is equipped with the latest technologies.
* Shopping Services - The airport offers standard and duty free shops including general stores, fashion, food and beverage, and automotive. Mobile phone rental is also available.
Parking and Transportation
* Parking - Many convenient short- and long-term passenger parking options are available. The airport provides covered, partially covered, uncovered, and indoor parking, as well as valet and car washing services. Special weekend rates are offered, although terms and conditions do apply.
* BLQ Express - The BLQ Express is a dedicated train available to connect passengers from the main terminal to the east terminal, at least until construction on new additions is completed. The service is free and can be accessed regularly. Arrival time is about 6 minutes.
* BLQ Aerobus - Departs from the center of Bologna, and connects passengers to the airport via the east terminal. The fare is 6 euros. This shuttle connects passengers from the airport to the railway station with an arrival time of about 20 minutes.
* Train - The airport is about 6 km from the railway station. Passengers can connect to and from the airport and train via shuttle or taxi. Plans are underway to complete the Marconi Express direct connection between the airport and train station.
* Taxis, Buses, and Car Rentals - Taxi service and car rentals, as well as car rentals with drivers are available. A number of bus services are available for connections to the railway, other airports, destinations around the city, and to other cities.
Travellers can reach the city by car, bus, train or taxi, where tourists can enjoy the mesmerizing medieval cityscape, and basque in the luxurious beauty of la rossa. Enjoy wine tasting tours and gourmet food tours, as well as many awe-inspiring attractions and activities. Bologna boasts a variety of hotel accommodations suited for many budgets, ranging in price from just under $60 per night to nearly $250 per night.
Telephone: +39 051-647-9616
Fax: (0)51 647 9723
Bologna G Marconi Airport SpA,
Number of Terminals: 1
Time Zone: GMT + 1 (GMT + 2 from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October)
Location: 6 km (3.7 mi) northwest of the center of the Emilia-Romagna region; approximately 200 km (120 mi) southeast of Milan.
IATA airport code: BLQ