Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Cancun International Airport
Cancun International Airport (CUN)
One of the most important airports in Mexico, approximately 13 million travellers pass through Cancun International Airport each year. CUN is a popular airport that is served by a variety of airlines including: international and domestic, low-cost and regular airlines. The airport features two runways and three terminals to serve the public. The second runway is new as of 2009, and the new control tower was established in the same year.
With three commercial terminals and two runways that are 1500m apart, Cancun International Airport is having difficulty maintaining the growth of traffic that only increases each year. Terminal three only underwent construction in 2005 and was completed in 2007 allowing the airport to double the capacity it could hold. Terminal two is destined to undergo an expansion in 2012 and shortly after terminal three will follow. There are plans for a terminal four as well as a cargo complex project.
* Financial Services - ATMs and Bureau de Change are located throughout the airport terminals.
* Luggage Services - Lockers are available for small storage items and porters are onsite and work for tips.
* Internet Facilities - Located in the terminals, passengers can connect to WiFi with their mobile devices.
* Car Rental Services - Travelers who need to rent a car have several choices including Hertz, Budget and Thrifty for starters.
* Restaurant Services - Fast food restaurants, cafes and bars are available for travelers to eat at.
* Shopping services - Shops are available throughout the airport. Duty-free shops can be found in Terminals 2 and 3.
* Other Services - CUN features a beauty parlor, pharmacy and medical center for traveler convenience.
Car parks are available through the airport's entrance and are open 24 hours a day for short-term and long-term parking solutions. Rates will vary depending upon the duration of the travellers stay and the car parks are patrolled by security regularly.
Travellers leaving Cancun International Airport will not be able to hail a taxi cab, they must arrange for transfer at the transportation desks located in the arrivals terminal. In addition, the transportation provided must be one that is approved by the airport.
Cancun is a popular tourist city and there is certainly no lack of attractions. Travellers staying for an extended visit can travel to the resort area of Cancun and enjoy the tropical atmosphere. Plaza Kukulkan is approximately 30 minutes away and features shopping as well as a casino where travellers can partake in video gaming. No direct games are available, only video gaming, but it is a fun time out, nonetheless. Taxis are available at the shopping plaza to escort visitors back to the airport if they are only on a layover.
Nearby, there are several ruin sites that allow travellers to view a part of Mexican history. El Rey and El Meco are both sites that offer Mayan ruins as well as a partly preserved pyramid that attracts locals and visitors alike.
IATA Code: CUN
Cancun International Airport,
Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 22,
Cancun, Q Roo, Mexico,77500
Telephone: 998 848 7200 or 998 886 0322
Fax: 998 848 7200 ext. 106
Number of Terminals: 2
Time Zone: GMT - 5 (GMT - 6 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 22km (14 miles) southwest of Cancún
Country code: 52