Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Faro Airport (FAO)
Faro Airport is an international airport located a short distance west of the Portuguese town of Faro. It serves the Algarve region and Southern Spain. The airport handles many flights back and forth from the UK and Europe as the areas are in the same time zone and travel time is short - around three hours for some of the most popular European destinations. The airport is just minutes from the A22 highway and connects directly to Spain and Lisbon. There are 60 check-in terminals and 36 boarding gates in the airport that support an average of six million passengers each year.
Opened in 1966, Faro airport added a new passenger terminal building in 1989 and underwent an expansion in 2001 to accommodate increased use.
Due to the continuous demand to support additional air traffic, the airport is currently in the middle of another build out that includes renovations and improvements to runways, terminal and parking areas. The developments will help to support both private and commercial usage with increased parking capacity and passenger capacity, as well as increased safety measures and modernization.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - The Banco Totta e Acores bank is located in the terminal and currency exchange is available. ATMs are located in departures and arrivals.
* Business Services - There are on-site meeting amenities available, include a room that accommodates up to 65, and includes a phone, fax machine and video and TV facilities. Contact the airport to book in advance.
* Internet Services -Wi-Fi access signs are posted throughout the airport.
* Food Services - The main terminal has a small food court with several eating areas, including a sit-down restaurant, a sweet shop, a bar selling alcoholic drinks and a coffee shop.
* Retail Services - There are many small gift shops in the airport that sell duty free goods. Other stores include Sunglass Hut, Football Corner, I Santi Portugal and Lune Bleu fashion and accessory outlets.
* Transportation - Getting to and from the airport is fairly easy. Buses and taxis are available and private transportation or shuttle service can be arranged. There are also many rental car companies including: Ariga Crown, Autojardim, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Guerin, Hertz and Sixt.
* Other - There is a post office in the departure and public area of the airport. There is also a play area for children.
There are a variety of parking options at Faro Airport to accommodate both short and long term parking. All parking is on-site and is outside. Patrons are encouraged to take this into account in the summer months when cars and their contents get extremely hot; car or dash covers are recommended. Long term parking is available in blocks of weeks, up to a month.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Faro is considered a year-round destination for vacationers - especially avid golfers who have close access to the area's pristine courses. There are also beautiful beaches, resorts and theme parks that provide a variety of entertainment and dining options for the whole family.
IATA Airport Code: FAO
Address: Faro Airport 8001-701, Faro Portugal
Number of Terminals: 1
Phone number: +351 (0) 289 800 800
Fax: (0)289 818 802
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Time Zone: GMT (GMT + 1 from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 4km (2.5 miles) from Faro