Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
The Dallas Fort Worth International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world, placing 8th in terms of passenger traffic and 4th in terms of overall operations in airport world rankings. The airport lies on more than 17,000 acres of land and has 4 Domestic Terminals, 1 International Terminal, 155 gates and 7 runways.
The airport is served by 20 passenger airlines, connecting over 150,000 passengers everyday to 191 total destinations. In 2011, the airport accommodated 57.8 million passengers including 5.5 million international passengers.
In the 1920s, Dallas and Forth Worth each had separate airports. In 1964, after a few failed proposals, a federal order got the cities to finally agree on a site for a new regional airport. The airport opened on January 1974 as Dallas Fort Worth Regional Airport with extensive facilities and 9 airlines serving it. Further expansion ensued over the next years. American Airlines established its hub at the airport in 1981. In 1985, the airport was renamed Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. In 1988, it was the world's fourth largest airport. Terminal D and the Skylink were completed in 2005. The airport currently has several development projects underway.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - Several ATMs are available throughout the airport before and after the security check points. Travellex currency exchange booths are located in Terminal D.
* Internet Services - There's cellular broadband Internet service throughout the terminal. Free internet kiosks and workstations that provide wired Internet connection are also available in all terminals. The Guest Services Center located in Terminal B has workstations with dial-up Internet access.
* Food Services - The airport has a long line-up of dining establishments from fast food chains, waited restaurants, cocktail lounges to delis and cafes. Travellers will surely find something here to suit their taste buds whether they are looking for classic American food, Asian dishes, Italian flavors, Mexican cooking or the local barbecue.
* Retail Services - The airport has 2 convenience stores, 3 duty free shops and more than 40 retail stores offering travellers everything from gourmet foods to clothes, gadgets, sporting goods and all sorts of souvenirs.
* Transportation - The airport has several options to meet different ground transportation needs including
* Hotel - Two world-class hotels are located inside the airport. Hyatt Regency is right next to terminal C while the Grand Hyatt is situated in International Terminal D and can be reached via the airport's high-speed train or shuttle bus from any of the terminals.
* Other - The airport has numerous amenities including children's play areas, pet hotels, massage chairs and massage therapists, barber shops, shoe shine stands, a spa and nail care facilities. There are 5 interfaith chapel locations throughout the airport and 2 USO centers.
The airport offers 4 parking options- no reservations on-airport Valet Parking; Terminal Parking located next to all terminals with 28,000 spaces; Express Parking with pick-up/drop-off service at the traveller's vehicle and Remote Parking located at the north and south ends of the airport with the most economical rates and continuous shuttle service to all terminals.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
There's something for everybody at Dallas-Fort Worth including historical spots, arts and culture museums, amusement parks, shopping malls, clubs and music venues. The region is also known for its culinary delights from the finest steaks to the world famous Texas-style barbecue and traditional Tex-Mex cuisine.
Address: 3200 East Airfield Drive, DFW Airport, TX 75261
Phone number: (972) 973-3112 or (972) 973-8888
Fax: 972 574 3780
Number of Terminals: 4
Time Zone: GMT - 6 (GMT - 5 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 24km (15 miles) northwest of Dallas and 29km (18 miles) northeast of Fort Worth
IATA Airport code: DFW