Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Denver International Airport
Denver International Airport (DEN)
Denver International Airport is in Denver, Colorado and at 53 sq. miles, it is the largest airport in the U.S. and the second largest in the world (second only to King Fahd International Airport in Saudi Arabia). One of the runways at Denver International Airport is the longest runway for public-use in the U.S. The airport, which carries over 50 million passengers a year, is one of the busiest airports in the world and has consistently won awards for being the Best Airport in the U.S. and the Best Run Airport in America (Sources: Business Traveler Magazine / Time Magazine).
Denver International Airport, which is often referred to as DIA, is the hub for Frontier Airlines and one of the largest hubs for United Airlines. It is also a focus city for Southwest Airlines. It is the only airport in the U.S. with ISO 14001 environmental certification across the whole airport.
In 1989, the $60 million airport development project was approved, however, because of planning delays, the airport didn't open until 1994. In 2003, a blizzard tore a hole in the roof of the terminal, causing thousands to be stranded at the airport. And in 2006, almost 2 feet of snow caused another closure for almost 2 days. Despite weather conditions, DIA was ranked number one in on-time arrivals in 2004 by the FAA. In 2008, the airport installed a solar energy system that provides roughly 6% of the airport's power. The airport's design is such that travellers can enjoy beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - The airport has ATMs throughout the terminals, and currency exchange and traveller's checks are available through the Public Service Credit Union.
* Baggage - Baggage storage services are available in the Jeppesen Terminal.
* Internet Services - Complimentary and premium Wi-Fi service is provided in all terminals at Denver International Airport. The official network name is "Boingo Hotspot".
* Food Services - There are a variety of food and beverage options available including fast casual dining options, sit down restaurants, bars, coffee shops, delis and cafes.
* Retail Services - There are over 50 shops in the airport that sell souvenirs, books, snacks, sundries and specialty items. Big brands like Bose, Brookstone and Crocs have shops at the airport, and there's also a robust offering of duty-free shops.
* Transportation - The airport provides many transportation options, including rental cars, hotel shuttles, public transportation, taxis, limos, commuter shuttles, mountain carriers and charter buses.
* Other - There is a smoking lounge in the Jeppesen Terminal.
There are a variety of parking options available at Denver International Airport. Short term and long terms lots are available, as well as valet parking and economy options.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Denver has plenty of places to go and things to do. It's one of only 2 cities in the U.S. with 8 professional sports teams, has plenty of unique and charming neighborhoods to explore and offers some of the best outdoor space in the Country. Denver is known for skiing and snowboarding in the winter and the Aspen Food and Wine Festival in the summer. Many visitors prefer to explore the city on bike and take in one of the over 200 parks.
Airport IATA Code: DEN
Address: 8500 Peña Blvd., Denver, CO 80249-6340
Phone number: (303)342-2000 or (800)247-2336
Fax: 303 342 2266
Number of Terminals: 1 (3 concourses)
Time Zone: GMT - 7 (GMT - 6 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 37km (23 miles) northeast of Denver