Cheap Flights, Discount Airline Tickets, Last Minute Airfares & Cheapest Airfares
Orlando International Airport
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Orlando International Airport is the 13th busiest airport in the United States and the 26th in the entire world when it comes to passenger traffic. It is the gateway to the best attractions in Central Florida. With 40 airlines currently serving it, the airport handles over 800 flights and 90,000 passengers on an average day. It connects passengers to more places than any other Florida airport, offering nonstop service to 78 US cities and 34 international destinations.
Orlando International Airport began as a military air base constructed during World War II. In the 1960s, it was known as McCoy Air Force Base and operated as a joint military-civilian airport handling commercial airline services and military aircraft operations. During the 1960s to the early 70s, military activities increased at the Base because of conflicts with Cuba and Russia and the Vietnam War.
In 1975, after the Vietnam War, military operations ended at the site and it became a purely civilian airport with the City of Orlando assuming ownership. It was then named Orlando International Airport in 1976.
Services and Amenities
* Financial Services - There are Automated Teller Machines and Currency Exchange facilities at convenient locations inside the Main Terminal and airside terminals. SunTrust Bank has a full service branch at the airport.
* Internet Services -There is free Wi-Fi internet access provided throughout all the terminals. Internet kiosks can also be found at various locations in the airport.
* Food Services - Travelers can enjoy snacks or a full meal at any of the numerous cafes and restaurants at the airport, including McCoy's Bar and Grill on the 4th level of the Main Terminal. Several fast food franchises are also available at the Food Court.
* Retail Services - The airport houses more than 30 retail stores so travelers can shop for entertainment or for whatever they need or might have forgotten to pack from sunglasses and clothes to footwear and jewelry.
* Transportation - There are many ways to get in and out of the airport, including on- and off-site rental car companies. Aside from free hotel shuttles, passengers can take the local buses or taxi and shared shuttle vans. All these services are located on the Ground Transportation/Level 1 of the terminal.
* Hotel - The award-winning Hyatt Regency Orlando is located on the fourth floor of the Main Terminal.
* Other - The airport mail drop-off boxes, shoe shine stands, Smarte Cartes and a walk-in clinic.
The airport has a free cell phone lot and 2 economy parking lots with free shuttle service to/from the main terminal. A Terminal Garage Parking and Top Parking are located a short walking distance from the terminal. Valet Parking is available and can be reached from the Hyatt Regency. The hotel also has its own parking for its guests. All these areas offer long-term and short-term parking.
Surrounding Areas and Attractions
Most visitors to Orlando start their vacation by visiting two of the most famous places in the U.S. - Disney World and Universal Studios. Of course, there's so much more to do in this exciting city - visit Gatorland, take an eco-safari tour at Forever Florida, kiss a dolphin at Discovery Cove, drive a NASCAR-style car at Richard Petty Raceway and catch a show at Sak Comedy Club.
Orlando International Airport,
1 Airport Boulevard,
Phone number: (407) 825-2001
Fax: 407 857 4079
Number of Terminals: 1
Time Zone: GMT - 5 (GMT - 4 from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October)
Location: The airport is located 10.5km (6.5 miles) southeast of Orlando
IATA Airport code: MCO